DJ/Radio Personality Andy Bulles
Andy graduated from Southeastern University with a major in Marketing. Andy later attended the Columbia School of Broadcasting graduating as an Honor Roll student. His vast musical career has spanned over several decades and has included working at both ends of the spectrum in the music industry—first as a talent agent booking other talented entertainers through Barry Rick Associates for many years-- and later on in his career -- becoming an extremely diverse and talented entertainer himself!
Early in his deejay career, Andy was awarded the coveted “Deejay of the Year” award under the auspices of Davis Deejays. He was a favored deejay chosen for Davis Deejay's recorded television and radio commercials. The commercial was titled “The Boss is Away” and started with “Hi, I'm Andy Bulles and I'm in charge while the boss is away!” This commercial was played on both radio and television in several major market stations in the Washington and Baltimore metropolitan areas. Andy also started his own freelance deejay service and performed as both a mobile deejay-- and; entertained audiences with his own karaoke show for 10 years at TJ Meadows Restaurant located in Frederick, Maryland through 2002. Additionally, Andy joined Bialeks Music Ltd and has now been performing as a mobile deejay for Bialek's since 1999.
During the same timeframe, Andy also attained his career dream of becoming a radio broadcaster first with Radio station “Oldies106.9” in Hagerstown, Maryland; and, then moving on up the career ladder – Andy's accomplishments included - an eleven year span as a full-time “On-Air Radio Personality”. Andy hosted his own show called “The Andy Bulles All Request, Love and Dedication Show” with Frederick's number 1 community radio station WAFY – Key 103.1. Andy's highly rated Sunday night show was broadcast through-out a four state corridor which included Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Andy received many awards along his career path including receiving an award for earning the highest Arbitron ratings among women ages 25-54 in the middle market station continuum within the four-state radio arena. Andy's “All Request Love and Dedication Show” was very popular – to the point where guys and gals were not only dedicating a favorite love song but were also even proposing to their special someone “ON AIR”!!
Andy also has dedicated both his time and talents working in close association with the fundraisers and “Request-A-Thons” for Hospice of Frederick County and the Frederick County Mental Health Association.
Andy made front page headlines in the prestigious “Frederick Post” newspaper (May 23, 2005) issue when his show was canceled when the family-run community- oriented WAFY station owned by the well-known philanthropic Marmet family was sold to an East Coast conglomerate – Nassau Broadcasting. Unfortunately, as in so many cases, the majority of the “on-air” crew was let-go by the new owners in order to bring “automation” onto the scene – and Andy's “All Request Love and Dedication Show” was canceled and replaced by the nationally syndicated “John Tesh Show”. Andy's devoted listeners throughout the community vigorously complained about Andy's abrupt disappearance from WAFY and the cancellation of his show---and the “Frederick Post” responded with it's front-page headliner news article in which Andy got his chance to thank all of his devotees and bid a fond farewell.
Andy has continued to perform his very popular “Andy Bulles Karaoke Show” at both the Braddock Inn and at the Owl's Club in Frederick, Maryland —while also maintaining his career in the mobile deejay industry with Bialek's Music Ltd. Andy has proudly performed as a mobile deejay with Bialek's Music for the past eight years.
Andy has over 22 years experience as a mobile deejay and has performed at over 3,300 events including wedding receptions, bar and bat mitzvahs, anniversary and birthday parties, corporate events, school parties and proms, fund raisers, picnics, nite clubs etc..
- Harrah's Hotel - Atlantic City, NJ
- Secret's Nite Club- Annapolis, MD
- J.W. Gaither's – (Montgomery County's hottest nite club spot in the 80s)
- Bull Feathers – Gaithersburg, MD
- T.J. Meadow's Restaurant and Lounge, Braddock Inn
- Owl's Club – Frederick, MD
- TJ Meadows – Frederick, MD
- Willow Tree Inn, Gaithersburg, MD
- (The Agency has many references and follow-up reports from it's wedding clients. All of Andy's reports come back to the agency marked excellent in sound level, song selection, sound quality, appearance and personality. Clients always remark how extremely pleased they are will all facets of Andy's performance and capabilities. Andy also has narrated bridal shows for David's Bridal, Royal Formal Wear, Masters Tuxedos, and Annapolis Bridal and Tuxedos.)
SPECIAL and CORPORATE EVENTS and ORGANIZATIONS:
Andy has DJ'ed and performed as Master of Ceremonies for: the White House Staff Christmas Party for former President and Mrs. Bush; political parties at the residence of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver; the world-wide 7-11 convention with on-air personalities Don and Mike; the Les Miserables cast party for the National Theater in Washington; appeared with the national act- John Mellencamp -(Andy emceed and deejayed for an audience of 5000) at the Washington D.C. Convention Center; J.W. Marriott Awards Banquets as well as Marriott Employee Holiday Parties - to name just a few accomplishments of Andy's multi-talents and versatility.
Other events included:
- Montgomery Road Runners Holiday Party – (15 years in a row)
- Baltimore Orioles VIP parties
- Penn Laurel Girl Scouts – Father/Daughter Dance and Sock
- Hops – (16 years in a row)
- Claude's – Gaithersburg, MD (Claude booked Andy personally for his daughter's Sweet Sixteen party too!!)
- Anniversary Parties for the Marriotts located at (Pooks-Hill) and (RIO)
ANDY BULLES KARAOKE SHOW:
Andy's karaoke show is one of the most professional and exciting shows in the area. He is extremely interactive with the karaoke crowd and also loves to sing karaoke . He provides state-of-the-art karaoke equipment, cordless mics, and has over a 6,000 song karaoke music library.
In all, Andy has a definite tradition of quality and personalized service for all of his clients. This includes:
- Over 22 years of Disc Jockey (DJ) experience
- Master of Ceremony services
- Andy has the ability to be either “low-key”or a “highly energetic personality” depending on your wishes and your special event
- Professional grade commercial sound systems (state-of-the-art high quality- looks great too!)
- Event planning assistance
- Itinerary detailing the flow of event (as needed)
- Ideas for ice breakers, group dances and team building
- Extensive Music Library, including International and “hard to find” titles encompassing music from the 1930s to present
- All music on CD for best high-quality sound
- Provides DJ attire and personality to match the needs of your events
- Creates the right mood for your events
- Delivers the right mix of music at the right volume
- Engages your guests with the appropriate level of interaction
If you are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified, experienced, top-notch disc jockey, master of ceremonies, or karaoke DJ---Andy is the “Right Choice”. Andy sets the standard because he listens to you and is a truly professional deejay. Andy has all of the charisma, charm, and know-how to make your upcoming event something very special in every way to ensure that you and your event will always be remembered.
Call Bialek's Music today to receive more information on this talented and diverse DJ!